Friday, July 01, 2005

Last day of classes :)

Today is my last day of classes. It is hard to believe that I am almost done with classes here. I have two finals next week: one on Tuesday and one on Friday. My final schedule works out real nice because it gives me enough time to study and prepare for each test. The only bad thing about finals is that they do it differently here than they do and Wyoming and I don't get to type this exam. My hand is going to get way too tired to do well on this exam. But, I am almost done and than after that, I am off on my ten days around Italy.

This week kind of went by really fast too. Tuesday night we had our good-bye dinner. It was nice, the food was good. I had baby octopus for the first time. It was weird to eat but actually pretty good. Than on Wednesday, as you can see, I went to the Pope's blessing. Matt and I got tickets to go on Monday thinking that it was going to be a quick blessing, but we didn't realize that it was a big festival and holiday in Rome on Wednesday. You see, Wednesday was the Festival of Saint Peter and Paul. Therefore, the Pope's blessing turned out to be a really big deal. Instead of just a blessing, it was a full mass in St. Peter's Basilica. After the mass was over, Matt and I went outside to see the blessing of the crowd you could not get into the mass. The square was filled with people. When the Pope came out, the crowd went crazy. It was really amazing to see. The Pope gave blessings to the crowd in several different languages including English. It was truly one of my highlights of my trips to see and do.

Besides that, it has just been studying and going to school. This weekend will be devoted to studying. Have a good weekend everyone.